Thursday, May 14, 2009

Oh deer

More deer this evening, this time on Hillside. There were three of them ambling along, luckily I saw them in plenty of time to slow down.

We had a hummingbird in our garden the other day too - did I mention that? And we have a woodpecker who comes along every so often and makes a lot of noise.

Just waiting for the snakes to start coming out next. We had one living below the garden hose tap, and he got very miffed every time we went over there to turn it on.

What else?

We met the children at Old Orchard Beach after work today. Nadja had taken them there after work to play in the sand and paddle in the sea. It was sunny but SO windy. Afterwards we found what I think must have been the only restaurant open this early in the season, and had some fairly awful fish and chips.

Then I got us two hot fresh fried dough portions, and we ate them in the car while we drove up route 1, past the Rock and Roll Diner, and the Scarborough Marshes, and the chocolate place I keep meaning to visit, and Aquaboggan, and various other places I had forgotten actually exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment