Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Victorian Nutracker

I removed two children from school this morning to take them to see the Victorian Nutracker at the Merrill Auditorium. Of course their teacher's didn't actually mind, I just like to think we're somehow being naughty.

To give you an idea of how cold it was today, I was wearing a thermal long sleeve vest, wool sweater, down jacket, thinsulate lined hat, thinsulate lined gloves, thinsulate lined boots... and my legs were cold. I am buying flannel lined jeans next.

We parked on a meter and went to Starbucks for coffee - and even met Mike briefly. Then we joined about 1000 other children in the Merrill Auditorium for the show.

The children were entranced by it. We were in the fourth row from the front, so we could see and hear all the individual instruments really clearly. Mark liked the fight best. Ellie liked the Mouse King best. I haven't asked Hannah yet. I just loved the whole thing.

After the lights went up, Ellie turned to me with a peanut M&M in her hand and said 'Mummy what is this?' Luckily she knows not to ever eat anything like that without checking first. And don't get me started on the person feeding peanut butter to her child during the show. Luckily Nadja smelt it, so knew where to keep Ellie away from. *sigh*

Anyway, tomorrow looks delightful. I see the UK is getting snow and temperatures "plummeting to -7C". Our forecast is for sunshine and highs of -8C. I think I might just stay inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment